Through our business solutions and the innovation and commitment of our talented employees, we have an opportunity to make unique contributions to global efforts for greater sustainability and equity. We have established our Social Responsibility Targets to demonstrate our commitment and progress on our journey to building a leading, socially responsible company.
Pentair Social Responsibility Strategic Targets
Carbon Footprint Reduction
Pentair is committed to the transition to a low-carbon economy through reducing our emissions impacts. Using tools developed by the Science-Based Target Initiative (SBTi) and in alignment with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) 1.5o scenario:
- We are targeting reducing our Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse emissions by 50% from a 2019 baseline by 2030, and aim to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050
Water stewardship is an important focus for the Pentair business.
- We are targeting a 30% reduction in overall water withdrawal from a 2019 baseline by 2030
Product Design for Sustainability
We plan to further assess, design, and commercialize our products for environmental sustainability to reduce our customers’ impact on climate change. Our targets include:
- Enhancing our product innovation processes for increased focus on environmental sustainability in 2021
- Launching our enhanced innovation processes in 2022 where we plan to:
- Assess 100% of new products using this enhanced innovation process beginning in 2022
- Include a product sustainability rating as an equally weighted factor in commercialization decisions
- Developing a standardized process for aggregation of product sustainability achievements to disclose customer energy, water, and chemical savings made possible by the use of our products
Responsible Supply Chain
In partnership with our suppliers, we are expanding our social responsibility strategy beyond our operations to build a more sustainable supply chain. Our targets include:
- In 2021, we plan to refresh our Supplier Code of Conduct with increased focus on environmental sustainability and social responsibility.
- In 2022, we plan to launch an enhanced Supplier Code of Conduct alongside an updated supplier assessment process, in which we aspire to:
- Assess 100% of new suppliers with projected spend of greater than $1M to ESG maturity by 2025
- Assess top 80% of existing suppliers by spend to ESG maturity by 2030
Inclusion & Diversity
Through living our Win Right values, Pentair is committed to continuing to strengthen our existing culture through an inclusive and diverse workplace, by attracting, developing, and retaining top talent and building the inclusion and diversity core capabilities of our organization. By leveraging diverse teams we will enable strong business performance and improve the employee value proposition. Our diversity and inclusion targets include:
- Achieving an inclusive and diverse workforce and leadership team that embraces the communities in which we live, work, and serve:
- With a specific focus on increasing women in leadership positions globally and POC representation in U.S. leadership positions