Benefits of a Hot Water Sediment Post-Filter System
The nature of tankless hot water heaters causes the water to heat up instantly which can cause the water to boil and in turn precipitate out suspended solids that may be present in the water supply. The combination of a 10-micron filter and glass-reinforced nylon housings create a system that is efficient and resilient. The high-temperature filter housing is an economical alternative to stainless and carbon steel housings.
- Can withstand water temperatures of up to 160-degrees Fahrenheit
- Housings constructed of glass-reinforced nylon
- Includes a 10-micron filter cartridge to filter sand, dirt, sediment and other debris
Post-Filter Removal and Replacement
Limited Warranty Coverage
Pelican Water tanks (13" and smaller), valves, in/out non-electric heads, bypass's, fittings and housings for POE systems will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for a limited lifetime of twelve (12) years from the date of original purchase.
The following are specifically excluded from the Limited Warranty coverage provided herein:
- Defects or problems not reported to Pentair during the applicable warranty period.
- Any products manufactured by other companies that are used in connection with Pentair product.
- Problems resulting from the alteration, modification, misuse, abuse, neglect, improper care, maintenance or negligent use, including but not limited to unprotected outdoor installation of any Pentair product.
Frequently Asked Questions
What model is right for me?
That depends on which size you have. You will need to replace a 10” size about every 6 months or after 25,000 gallons of water used. You will need to replace the 20” size about every 12 months or 50,000 gallons of water used. While exchanging your cartridge, inspect the o-ring and lubricate and replace it if necessary.
Does this system treat chlorine?
No, this system reduces sediment. We recommend a Whole House Water Filter System to reduce chlorine, chloramines, and other treatment chemicals.
What comes with the system?
The system includes the filter housing, a spanner wrench, a mounting bracket with screws, a 3/4” brass shutoff valve, an O-ring, and the 10 microns post-filter.