Benefits of a Sulfur Filter System
While sulfur in your water doesn’t cause health issues, it can leave your water with a foul odor and taste, often linked to that of rotten eggs. Hydrogen sulfide and its distinctive smell can be drastically reduced with chlorine injection treatment. If left untreated, dissolved hydrogen sulfide can corrode metals, which can cause blackening of your silverware and discoloring of copper and brass utensils. With the Pentair Sulfur Filter System, you can transform the quality of your well water by equipping your home with an efficient sulfur solution. Save your silverware, plumbing, and appliances from sulfur stains while enjoying refreshing, great-tasting water from every tap in your home.
- Convenient pressure release button for air pressure maintenance
- Specialized retention tank mixes chlorine faster than standard tanks for better level of contact with chlorine
- Chlorine strips included to monitor your water’s chlorine levels
Enjoy Better Tasting, Smelling Water
Peace of Mind
How it works
Chlorine mixes with your sulfur-contaminated water to reduce nuisance organisms.
The mixing time for disinfection depends on chlorine concentration, water temperature, pH level, and the amount of organic matter present. Our specialized retention tank mixes the chlorine faster than standard retention tanks for optimal chlorine contact.
Certified by WQA to NSF/ANSI 372 for Lead-Free Compliance only
Limited Warranty Coverage
Pentair Pelican Water tanks (13" and smaller), valves, in/out non-electric heads, bypass's, fittings and housings for POE systems will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for a limited lifetime of twelve (12) years from the date of original purchase.
The following are specifically excluded from the Limited Warranty coverage provided herein:
- Defects or problems not reported to Pentair during the applicable warranty period.
- Any products manufactured by other companies that are used in connection with Pentair product.
- Problems resulting from the alteration, modification, misuse, abuse, neglect, improper care, maintenance or negligent use, including but not limited to unprotected outdoor installation of any Pentair product.
For full warranty information click here.
Is sulfur in my water dangerous?
There are no known health effects associated with hydrogen sulfide in water. However, substantial concentrations can affect the taste and smell of your drinking water.
How do I know if my home needs a sulfur filter?
Sulfur water filters are effective when hydrogen sulfide exists in your water source. If the “rotten egg” smell comes from your hot water only, the problem could be the anode rod in your water heater.
Will this system also reduce iron from my water?