Benefits of Iron Reduction from Water
Our Whole House Iron Reduction System uses a catalytic coated mineral media to reduce iron, manganese, and sulfur in your home's water supply. Reduce that bothersome "rotten egg" smell and dark stains on your fixtures when you install a Pentair solution.
- Simple yet robust valve design provides a low-maintenance and long-lasting system, with a premium electronic control.
- Simple, electronic system for easy programming; maintains settings during power outages
- Singular, rotary disc seal means longer life and lower maintenance
- Self-cleaning injector reduces maintenance
- Chemical-free operation minimizes operating costs, aerates the iron via an air oxidation process so no chlorine or bleach are needed
Enjoy Better Smelling Water
Enjoy Hassle-Free Maintenance
Enjoy Peace of Mind
How it works
As your home’s incoming water passes through the unique Pentair valve head, the valve uses an aeration process which oxidizes the iron in your water for more effective filtration through the tank. This process requires no extra chemicals to be added, unlike other iron filtration products which require chlorine or bleach to be added. Aeration provides the dissolved oxygen needed to convert the iron and manganese from ferrous and manganous (soluble) forms to insoluble oxidized ferric and manganic forms.
Occurs when oxidized water passes through the media tank that is filled with activated catalytic coated mineral media. This reduces iron and manganese by filtering the contaminants as the water passes through the media. It reduces the iron and manganese from the water supply, delivering fresh water to the home. The media will need to be cleaned and reactivated on a regular basis through engaging the backwash cycle.
Periodically the system will go through a backwashing cycle where water is flushed through the system and up through the media, then discharged to the drain. Backwashing lengthens the life of the media and maintains the performance of the filter.
Backwashing cycles are controlled by the electronic meter on the top of the system’s tank. The backwash cycle can be set to a specified number of days or as the electronic head recognizes that a certain amount of water has been used.
System Tested and Certified by WQA to NSF/ANSI 372 for Lead Free Compliance only.
Limited Warranty Coverage
For Pentair product(s) Softeners and Tank filters. The products are warranted to be free from defects in material and/or workmanship under normal use and service for the following: The Resin/Media tank and Brine tank (if applicable), will carry a ten (10) year warranty from the date of shipment. The valve body will also carry a (10) year warranty. The electrical will carry a five (5) year warranty. The filter media is not warranted. The filter media service life is dependent on the specific water conditions and usage. Any replacement product(s) provided by Pentair pursuant to this Limited Warranty will be warranted only for the remainder of the original limited warranty period or thirty (30) days from the date of shipment, whichever is longer. The following are specifically excluded from the Limited Warranty coverage provided herein:
- Defects or problems not reported to Pentair during the applicable warranty period.
- Any products manufactured by other companies that are used in connection with Pentair product.
- Problems resulting from the alteration, modification, misuse, abuse, neglect, improper care, maintenance or negligent use, including but not limited to unprotected outdoor installation of any Pentair product.
For full warranty information click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which model is right for me?
The 1.0 cubic feet model is sized for homes with 1 to 3 bathrooms. The 1.5 cubic feet model is sized for homes with 4 to 6 bathrooms.
How long does this system last?
With proper maintenance, you can expect your iron and hydrogen sulfide system to last 10-15 years, depending on your water quality. Replace the media every five years.