Helping Communities and Business Reuse and Recycle Water
NEW ORLEANS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Pentair, a leading global water treatment company, is showcasing its latest innovations this week at the Water Environment Federation’s Annual Technical Exhibition (WEFTEC) in New Orleans. As a leader in helping to manage the world’s water resources, Pentair delivers smart, sustainable water solutions across the entire water and wastewater landscape from advanced filtration, desalination and water supply to water disposal, process and control.
“As the need to reuse and recycle water in our communities continues to increase, Pentair’s customized solutions are critical for converting water and wastewater into clean, potable water,” said Phil Rolchigo, Ph.D, Pentair’s Chief Technology Officer. “Our customers are facing challenges tied to the changing quantity and quality of wastewater that current infrastructure may not be designed to manage. At Pentair, we are innovating to deliver reliable and efficient water management solutions for communities and businesses around the world.”
Pentair experts will be sharing industry best practices and insights at presentations and demonstrations during the exhibition. Dr. Alex Wang, applications manager at Pentair, will give a presentation, “From Beer to Biogas,” focusing on how a craft brewery treated wastewater and recovered energy with Anaerobic Membrane Bioreactor (AnMBR) technology. Dr. Rolchigo will serve as a judge for the “The Croc Tank,” where water technology start-ups pitch their ideas to industry experts at the Innovation Pavilion.
Pentair is showcasing its water and wastewater solutions aimed at helping customers improve and move water while reducing energy consumption, downtime and operating costs:
- Solutions for Improving Water: For industrial processing and wastewater treatment, Pentair will showcase its latest advanced filtration technologies, including:
- Pentair X-Flow Helix: This breakthrough tubular membrane-based wastewater solution helps to prevent the buildup of insoluble particles in high-solids Ultrafiltration while increasing productivity up to 100 percent and lowering energy consumption by up to 50 percent.* The Compact 55G Helix offers greater efficiency and versatility for customers looking to boost existing plant performance.
- Pentair X-Flow Anaerobic Membrane Bioreactor (AnMBR): Designed to treat high-strength and high-solids industrial wastewater streams, Pentair’s AnMBR technology efficiently delivers cleaner water for direct reuse or safer discharge to the environment while simultaneously producing methane-rich biogas as a renewable source of energy.
- Pentair X-Flow Xiga: For inline operations with Reverse Osmosis, Xiga pressurized Ultrafiltration membrane modules with inside-out hollow fiber configuration offer 99.99 percent efficacy in the removal of bacteria and viruses, while also providing an effective barrier to suspended solids and colloids.
- Pentair Codeline Aqualine: A broad range of cartridges and housings, already widely used in Reverse Osmosis pretreatment systems, offer a small footprint with greater productivity for water treatment across a range of industries.
- Solutions for Moving Water: Pentair offers a comprehensive range of energy and water efficient solutions for water supply, wastewater disposal and fluid management. Pentair’s solids handling pumps, grinders and packaged systems can take on even the most challenging sewage solids and trash found in wastewater to meet the needs of today’s complex wastewater transportation and treatment systems. For commercial operators, the Intelliboost Variable Speed Constant Pressure Booster System delivers steady water pressure or flow with easy start-up, preventative maintenance alerts and communication while only using the energy required to get the job done.
Showcased brands across the company’s portfolio include Pentair Aurora, Pentair Fairbanks Nijhuis, Pentair Hydromatic, Pentair Myers, Pentair X-Flow and Pentair Codeline.
To learn more and to view product demonstrations, visit Pentair at WEFTEC booth #3715.
*As compared to Pentair X-Flow standard membrane modules.
At Pentair, we believe the health of our world depends on reliable access to clean water. We deliver a comprehensive range of smart, sustainable water solutions to homes, business and industry around the world. Our industry leading and proven portfolio of solutions enables our customers to access clean, safe water, reduce water consumption, and recover and reuse it. Whether it's improving, moving or helping people enjoy water, we help manage the world's most precious resource.
With approximately 130 locations in 34 countries and 10,000 employees, we believe that the future of water depends on us. Our 2017 revenue was $2.8 billion, and we trade under the ticker symbol PNR. To learn more, visit Pentair.com.