The OAC Plus Oil Adsorbing Filter Cartridge removes high amounts of dissolved, dispersed and emulsified hydrocarbons from water. The proprietary filter media, which is made using Pentair Fibredyne technology, chemically bonds with hydrocarbons. The OAC Plus can provide up to 8 times the removal efficiency of granular activated carbon filter cartridges.
The OAC Plus Oil Adsorbing Filter Cartridge typically reduces hydrocarbon contamination up to 95% in a single pass. Lower outlet levels of hydrocarbons can be achieved by connecting cartridges in series.
Features and Benefits
- Removes dissolved and dispersed oils
- Media can hold up to 340 percent of its own weight, with no release of removed hydrocarbons
- Instantaneous adsorption - up to 95% of total hydrocarbons removed in a single pass
- Up to 8 times more efficient than granular activated carbon filters
- High flow rates
- Low pressure drop
- Multiple sizes available for custom applications
Printed copies also available at the Partner Center