The Pantone Color Institute™ released its guide for the season’s most important color trends. Featuring 12 top colors and four classic neutrals, adding these colors to your poolscape you’re sure to be trending all season long.
“Combining our desire for stability, creativity, and more spontaneous design approaches, the color palette for Spring/Summer 2020 infuses heritage and tradition with a colorful youthful update that creates strong multi-colored combinations as well as energizing and optimistic pairings,” said Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute.
Among the colors in the Spring/Summer 2020 palette is the PANTONE® 2020 Color of the Year: Classic Blue. This color aims to bring a sense of peace and tranquility to today’s fast-paced world, very similar to the way your pool does!
There are a lot of great colors in this season’s color palette, so don’t feel like you have to pick just one. Start with a few statement pieces in one color to get the point across, make a visual impact with complimentary colors and utilize a classic neutral to tie the palette together.
Using the classic neutrals as furniture is always a great place to start – the color of your deck, chairs, tables, baskets, etc. Then layer the seasonal colors as accent pieces with flowers, vases, rugs, pillows, towels, cushions and more! You can create any type of atmosphere you’re looking for – from classic to colorful and calming to chic.
So, without further ado, meet the top 12 colors and four classic neutrals:
- Flame Scarlet – burning bright red that exudes confidence and determination
- Saffron – a golden yellow that adds flavorful brilliance
- Classic Blue – boundless blue that opens us up to a world of possibilities
- Biscay Green – a cooling and refreshing aqua
- Chive – imparting healthy and restorative harmony from this herbal green
- Faded Denim – relatable, dependable blue
- Orange Peel – add tang with this bright orange
- Mosaic Blue – display mystique, grace and depth with this teal
- Sunlight – invite happiness, pleasant cheer and a smiling presence with this light yellow
- Coral Pink – a warm and welcoming pink
- Cinnamon Stick – an earthy, warm, sweet yet spicy red
- Grape Compote – a mix of mysterious and mellow purple
- Lark – an understated and versatile khaki
- Navy Blazer – stylish and self-assured deep blue
- Brilliant White – clean, crisp, pristine, simplistic and modern white
- Ash – solid, strong and eternally timeless tan
Need a little extra inspiration? PANTONE has a list of color harmonies on their website to help spark your creativity.
Now is the perfect time to get a jumpstart on revamping your pool decor so that you can welcome the spring season feeling refreshed, energized and anew.