Since 1937, when Berkeley pumps were first used to irrigate the fertile fields of the San Joaquin Valley of Central California, up-through today's most challenging water transfer projects and residential water flow needs, the name Berkeley has stood for uncompromised quality and proven reliability. As Berkeley has grown, so has its product line. Today Berkeley leads the industry with the most comprehensive product lines available in the industry.
The Pentair Berkeley Journey
- Founded by Fredrick Stadelhofer, Fred Carpenter, Jack L. Chambers and Clemens W. Laufenburg in a San Francisco-area garage
- First used to irrigate the fertile fields of the San Joaquin Valley of Central California
- Developed several new product lines, advertised as the company with "the most complete line of pumps."
- WWII: Berkeley Pump Corporation dissolved legal entity for income tax purposes; Post WWII: Reincorporated as Berkeley Pump Company
- Pentair purchased the Berkeley brand of pumps from WICOR Industries
- Pentair Berkeley celebrates its 85th anniversary with continued tradition of uncompromised quality and proven reliability
Berkeley has the products you need to move and improve water efficiently and economically. For your convenience, Berkeley offers both water pumps and pressurized water storage tanks.
We understand you rely on your irrigation and turf pumps to perform to sustain growth. Berkeley professionally engineered high-quality, centrifugal pumps, subturbine pumps and line shaft turbine pumps deliver years of reliable efficient operation.