The Type C Pump is a compact, horizontal, single stage, centrifugal pump close-coupled to an electric motor. The removal of readily accessible bolts (back pull-out construction), permits the removal of the pumping element, exposing the impeller and seal for inspection, without disturbing the piping. Applications include general farm or home irrigation, air conditioning, and refrigeration.
- Manufacture Carefully manufactured with materials best suited for water pump applications assures a unit with long life and dependability.
- Bracket Sturdy cast iron bracket houses seal and maintains positive alignment between motor and volute case.
- Volute Case Precision machined gray cast iron, with NPT tapped openings for suction and discharge. Standard discharge position is horizontal. Volute may be rotated for vertical-up discharge.
- Impeller Enclosed multi-vane silicon bronze impeller is balanced to eliminate vibration and provide smooth, quiet operation. Impeller is threaded on motor shaft for positive alignment.
- Shaft Seal Self-adjusting, water-cooled, mechanical shaft seal prevents leakage and eliminates need for drain piping. Run-in and periodic adjustment is not required.
- Motor Shaft Stainless steel shaft is threaded for direct mounting of impeller. Shaft extension to impeller is short to increase shaft rigidity and to extend bearing life.
- Motor Heavy-duty, 3 HP, flange-mounted, motor designed for continuous 3600 RPM operation. Two ball bearings are permanently lubricated, eliminating the need for re-lubrication service. Open, drip-proof enclosures are standard. All models can be furnished with either single-phase (230V) or three-phase (230/460) motors. Totally enclosed fan-cooled motor is available for three-phase power.