Water Cuts a New Path in Home Design
Surrounded by nature and spanning a small stream, the aptly named Bridge House makes an undeniable statement: Modern living and the natural environment don’t need to be at odds.
Situated in Los Angeles’ Hancock Park, a neighborhood just south of Hollywood known for its architectural history, the Bridge House started as the brainchild of architect Dan Brunn.
Over the course of two years, Brunn worked with a network of innovative partners, including Pentair, to bring the house to life. The finished home is a testament to a new way forward in residential design.
The Story Behind Bridge House
Watch how water moves through Bridge House
Raised in Tel Aviv, Brunn developed an early appreciation for the city’s Bauhaus-inspired architecture and focus on sustainability.
“Water is very important and rare,” he said in our video interview. For Brunn, it was important that the Bridge House “use the water that’s on-site and available, and in the most clever way possible.”
That’s where Pentair came in, helping the architect bring his vision to life with a whole home water solution to help ensure the water is managed as smartly and sustainably as possible, both inside and out.
From Bridge House to Your House
The same Pentair products throughout the Bridge House can make your own home more sustainable, including:
- A whole-home, point-of-entry water treatment system to filter and soften your home’s water, helping to protect your fixtures and appliances from corrosion while providing you with cleaner clothes, spotless dishes, and even softer skin and hair.
- A reverse osmosis water filtration system to deliver cleaner, better-tasting water right from the tap for drinking and cooking.
- Durable water disposal pumps to protect your home from flooding and unwanted water.
Plus, our touch-screen controller gives you easy access to all the most important water-saving features of your home at your fingertips.
The Modern Swimming Pool
The Bridge House also demonstrates how Pentair has modernized the home swimming pool with automated, energy-efficient systems:
- Our filtration, pool cleaning, and ultraviolet sanitizing technologies keep pool water sparkling and clear with less energy and less chlorine.
- Hybrid heating technology lets you choose between dual or hybrid mode for fast, efficient heating.
- Our variable-speed pump adjusts automatically depending on the needs of your pool. Plus, it’s ENERGY STAR® certified and runs whisper-quiet.
- Our smart automated technology allows you to easily manage pool and spa features, including multicolor LED lighting, temperature, chemistry and water quality, from anywhere in the world.
“You don’t want to be running a really strong pump all the time,” says Brunn. “We’re able to program the right flow at the right time with the right noise level. It’s seamless and amazing.”
More to Explore
We’re proud to be a part of this incredible project. Explore our full line of residential water solutions for ways you can improve the quality and sustainability of your own water.
Taking Pool Safety Seriously
05.13.2021Celebrate National Water Safety Month with us by making your pool a fun, safe place for you and your loved ones.
Better Brewing with Pentair BrewAssist
04.27.2021Pentair’s commitment to smart, sustainable solutions is bringing the world of data-driven decision making to the brewery business.
Restore Our Earth: Sustainable Solutions to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
04.22.2021As the global community rallies together to Restore Our Earth™ this Earth Day, much of the discussion is focused on the natural processes, emerging green technologies, and innovative thinking that can restore the world’s ecosystems.